Yes, perfect.
I tested your notes, I spoke with our AS400 administrator and we saw the
problem!!! It was a DNS configuration problem in our new AS400 system!!!
Nothing related with java environment. Perfect. With your help I have done
step by step that you said in order to finally discover the problem.
It's a perfect Christmas message: working together around the world we can
solve all the problems!!
Happy Christmas and happy new Year colleagues.
It was and will be very nice work with you.

Albert Dalmau.

                      "Tim Kosacek"

                      <tkosacek@visioninf        To:       "'Java Programming
on and around the iSeries / AS400'" <java400-l@midrang
                      o.com>                      e.com>

                      Sent by:                   cc:

                      java400-l-bounces@m        Subject:  RE: JDBC Connection

                      idrange.com

                      23/12/2003 13:27

                      Please respond to

                      Java Programming on

                      and around the

                      iSeries / AS400

It looks like maybe your PC knows how to resolve the name
P1400.eu.roca.net, but your AS400 does not.  Is DNS configured on the
AS400?  You should be able to test a simple connection with the toolbox
driver using the loopback address to see if it's the host name that is
causing the problem.  Try "jdbc:as400://127.0.0.1"

Tim