MEovino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Barbara,
>
> Just to clarify, you're saying that once a JVM is started in a job, any RPG
> program in that job will use that JVM, right?

Right.

> And if that is indeed the case, what would I do if I wanted to use an
> existing JVM that's in another job (to avoid the time it takes to create a
> JVM)?  Have the Java program listen to a message queue?  Turn the Java
> program into a socket server and listen for requests?

Something like that.  What you can't do is have a program in JobX call a
Java method in the JVM in JobY.

> And while we're on the subject, how resource intensive is the JVM?  If I
> have a few hundred users on 5250 terminals and each one has their own JVM,
> is this going to be an issue?

I don't know any details, but I've heard of people having trouble with
that very thing.  In that case, I think using something like a data
queue to communicate with one single Java job has performed much much
better.