I don't believe this is possible, Hamish, because iSeries printers can only
handle SCS or AFP print streams directly.  You would need to get the PDF
file into that format.
IBM has a product called the InfoPrint server that you can use to
convert/print various "PC" based file formats into AFP, and then print them
on host attached printers. Unfourtunatly, this product also requires the
PASE environment to do the conversions.  It is by no means a "native"
solution, but I haven't really seen any other way to do this as I've also
been looking for this functionality.

>Hi
>Does anyone know how to print a PDF document directly to a printer
attached
>to the as400. My printers do not support PDF directly and I can find no
way
>to convert the PDF to a format the printers can understand. If anyone has
>done this or has a idea how to any help would be great. We are running
V5R1
>so I can not use the new stuff in JDK 1.4 either.
>Hamish Stalker

Chris DeLashmutt
Senior R&D Analyst
LeasePlan USA
1165 Sanctuary Pkwy., Alpharetta, GA  30004
Phone: 678-202-8695
Fax: 678-566-8551