From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Amit Shukla
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 2:39 PM
To: 'JAVA400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Gap Analysis Tool??

Hi All,

We have our native application running on AS/400, DB2. Our database files
are in DB2. We are planning to move the data residing on AS400 (DB2) to a
web based product which uses .NET technology and MSSQL Server database. We
are identifying the database files/fields residing on AS400 (DB2). These DB2
files/fields will be mapped to the corresponding fields existing on the web
based product which uses MS SQL Server. We call this mapping process "GAP
Analysis" or "Process Flow Analysis". We are creating Excel sheets to
capture the information (database files/fields) gathered from our AS400
application and web based application.

My question is if there is any tool available in the market which can do the
Gap Analysis between the two applications (in our case AS400/DB2 and
.NET/MSSQL) and feed the information into the excel sheet. Is there any
better way to do the Gap Analysis?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Amit.