Geert,

I also use RPG programs to call JavaMail.  I just concat x'0D25' into the
field in RPG, and this gives me a carriage return/linefeed.

Mike E.

                    "Geert Van Landeghem"

                    <geert.vanlandeghem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                    To:
 "Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400"
                    Sent by:
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    java400-l-bounces+meovino=estes-express.com@xx       cc:

                    drange.com
Subject:     Question about \r\n

                    05/09/2003 03:48 AM

                    Please respond to Java Programming on and

                    around the iSeries / AS400

Hello all,

How do I define these characters in RPG? A command is executed from within
a RPG program which launches a java program (to send an e-mail).
The body of the mail is a string containing multiple lines. How to define
the \r\n
in an RPG string so it will be read correctly in the java program as
parameter
being passed to it?

Or how to define the line breaks in a rpg parameter to a java program being
executed through QCMDEXC?

TIA,

met vriendelijke groeten,
salutations sincères,