Opinions of the author, only:

> Your ERP is your competitive advantage. When you use a purchased product
you give away that advantage.
> Your system works, and have worked.  Sure it needs reinventing, that's a
given.  But shouldn't that be a constant process, year in and year out?
>Study all of the ERP packages that interest you.  What do they really offer
that you don't have already? At what costs?
>The heads down green screeners that you have don't need new stuff.  Chances
are they know the system and will resist change anyway.  Its the casual
users with the need.  Put your first efforts on the casual user and manager
s needs.
>Start now, today, with some small thing.  Show what you can do given the
chance.  You'd have a new application up and running as a demo of what your
shop can do if allowed.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx