From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:kulkarni_ash1312@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 2:10 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problem with updating database using stored procedure (SQLRPG)

Hi,

I am trying to update the database using stored
procedure in SQLRPG,
here is my code in RPG
* File fields data structure
D DS_PL1136     E DS         EXTNAME(PL1136)  INZ

C/EXEC SQL
C+ INSERT INTO PL1136
C+ VALUES (:DS_PL1136)
C/END-EXEC

I insert all the required values in data structure ,
and here is my code in java
CallableStatement cstmtSPPL0038 =
connection.prepareCall("{call SPPL0038(?,?,?,?,?)}");
       cstmtSPPL0038.setString(1, paramA);
       cstmtSPPL0038.setString(2, paramB);
       cstmtSPPL0038.setString(3, paramC);
  cstmtSPPL0038.registerOutParameter(4, Types.CHAR);
       cstmtSPPL0038.registerOutParameter(5,
Types.CHAR);

boolean b = cstmtSPPL0038.execute();
// i also tried executeUpdate(); but did not worked
// boolean is always false
System.out.println("boolean " + b);

The Stored procedure works fine, if called from RPG
program and also i tried to insert using prepared
statement from java and it worked fine,
what may be the problem

Ashish