Hi Suresh,

that seems quite a lot for me. On my little 170 it takes about 8 seconds to
connect to the database and poll 10.000 records into a swing TableModel
without any performance tuning, using plain JDBC or even SQLJ. Using a real
databasee Server, this should be finished in 1 or 2 seconds, or even less.
you should not invest your time in finding work arounds (stored procedures,
record level access, ...) first thing should be to find the reason for the
problem. what is the system doing all the time and wich component causes the
problem.
Did you have a look with the Database Monitor to find out how long every
request (Connect, open cursors, fetching records) to the database took???
Did you have a look to the overall workload (CPU, memory, disk activity,
network traffic) of the system with management central to find the
bottleneck???

Dieter