Hi Tim,
what u said is prefectly right, i just downloaded the
source and was browsing through it, and i dont
understand the reason for doing so,
So this means that there is no way to find the job
number of the connection,
I think need to send a mail to JTOpen development team
about it, and find out the erason for doing so

Thanx for the help
Ashish

> > > How do i cast it??
> > > AS400JDBCConnection conn1 =
> > (AS400JDBCConnection)conn;
> > > gives ClassCastException , is there a way or
> code
> > > know how to do it
> >
> > Theoretically, that should work ... the javadoc's
> > for the
> > AS400JDBCConnection object gives the following
> > example ...
> >
> > String serverJobIdentifier =

((AS400JDBCConnection)connection).getServerJobIdentifier();