From: Bruce Jin [mailto:JIN007M@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:19 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Character conversion between CCSID 13488 and CCSID 65535
not valid

Thanks Wayne for the info:

According ibm native driver faq
http://www-919.ibm.com/developer/jdbc/Faqs/JDBCFAQ.html#B15, this problem
may be fixed using the listed methods. I tried and they did not work.

In my case, file update only fails when the string that is used to update
the a column contains packed data. It works if the string contains alpha
characters only.

And it always works if I use jt400 on  PC.

I also tried to change the ccsid of my file using:

ALTER TABLE MYLIB/MYFILE ALTER COLUMN PFX   SET DATA TYPE GRAPHIC (850)
CCSID 13488

But the command fails with: "SQL system error".

Thanks.