From: Ramanujan, Sudha
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 2:42 PM
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Call RPG using PCML. Test program

Hi all,

Have you used caching with the Java plug-in?  I have trouble downloading
my jar files in temporary/permanent caching. I have signed my jars and
added to my archive tag of my applet tag.  But still this does not work.

I did find this java site
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/appletcaching.html
that talks about Object/Embed tag in html. But I am not sure how to
actually change my html.  i.e. I have an applet tag that looks like :

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> My project </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY TOPMARGIN=0 LEFTMARGIN=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0
          MARGINWIDTH=0  BGCOLOR="#FFFFF4">

<APPLET CODEBASE="classes" ARCHIVE="java/a.jar,cst/b.jar"
        CODE="java/Applet.class"
        WIDTH=800
        HEIGHT=600
        MAYSCRIPT>

 <PARAM name = "Cabbase"                value = "">
 <PARAM name = "DebugLevel"             value = "0">
 <PARAM name = "DebugTimeStamp"         value = "false">
and so on...
</Applet>

How do I write my <Object> tag within this applet tag, in the beginning
or after?  What should I write in the ... of the  <Object ...>  the code
base like in applet tag?

TIA,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan