I installed tomcat on an AS400. This box has jdk1.2.  The is the first time we
try run Java code on this box. I started tomcat and it I got the error "FATAL
ERROR in native method: Expected a string".   It appears that it failed when
the system tried to attaching JVAPGM to tomcat jar files because the failing
point is where I usually see "Attaching Java program to xxx.jar file" messages.

Any ideas? Do I miss something on this as400?

Thanks.

Bruce.

 QSH console messages:

Using Classpath:
/tomcat4112/bin/bootstrap.jar:/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk12/lib/tools.jar

Using CATALINA_BASE: /tomcat4112

Using CATALINA_HOME: /tomcat4112

Using JAVA_HOME: /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk12

[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information

[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance

[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer

[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Apache Tomcat/4.1.12

FATAL ERROR in native method: Expected a string

java/io/File.deleteOnExit()V+19 (File.java:739)

sun/net/www/protocol/jar/JarFileFactory$1.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+20
(JarFileFactory.java:153)

sun/net/www/protocol/jar/JarFileFactory.retrieve(Ljava/net/URL;)Ljava/util/jar/JarFile;+30
 arFileFactory.java:146)
sun/net/www/protocol/jar/JarFileFactory.get(Ljava/net/URL;)Ljava/util/jar/JarFile;+85
 (JarFileFactory.java:86)

sun/net/www/protocol/jar/JarURLConnection.connect()V+15(JarURLConnection.java:92)

sun/net/www/protocol/jar/JarURLConnection.getJarFile()Ljava/util/jar/JarFile;+1
(JarURLConnection.java:76)
org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.tldScanJar(Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
(ContextConfig.java:888)

org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.tldScan()V+0 (ContextConfig.java:861)
          org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.start()V+0
(ContextConfig.java:620)
org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(Lorg/apache/catalina/LifecycleEvent;)V+0
 (ContextConfig.java:230)

org/apache/catalina/util/LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V+0
 (LifecycleSupport.java:160)

org/apache/catalina/core/StandardContext.start()V+0 (StandardContext.java:3362)
          org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.start()V+0
(ContainerBase.java:1153)

org/apache/catalina/core/StandardHost.start()V+0 (StandardHost.java:722)
          org/apache/catalina/core/ContainerBase.start()V+0
(ContainerBase.java:1153)
org/apache/catalina/core/StandardEngine.start()V+0 (StandardEngine.java:344)