Hi!

I've written a Java program to read information from a Microsoft Access
database, "massage" it a bit, and load it into an AS/400 database. I'm using
the JDBC-ODBC driver to read the Access database along with a tip I picked
up on how to build the DSN on the fly.

        Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver").newInstance();
        Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(
                                        "jdbc:odbc:Driver={MicroSoft Access
Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="
                                                + accessFilename,"","");

This works fine when I run it from my PC. I would like to be able to run it
on the AS/400 by putting the Access database file on the IFS and running the
program in the QSH environment. The program compiles fine, but I get a "No
suitable driver" SQLException when I try the getConnection against the
Access database.

Am I out of luck or am I just missing something (classpath perhaps)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Happy Holidays!
Richard Casey