From: Richards, Etienne (CAP, PTL) [mailto:Etienne.Richards@penske.com]
Sent: November 19, 2002 15:13
To: 'java400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: JT400 Ftp

All,

I am getting this error when I transfer many files via the JTOpen ftp client
to a remote machine. Sometimes I will be able to send 13 files and other
times I can only send two or so files before the ftp connection fails.

Once this failure happens, no further ftp operation will work. I have to end
the java program and then restart it. Then it will work for a few files and
fail again. If I call any of the FTP methods it will enter the method end
never return.

I found this problem on Windows 2000 and OS/400 V5R1.

Any suggestions?

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:126)
        at com.ibm.as400.access.FTPOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.as400.access.FTP.put(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.as400.access.FTP.put(Unknown Source)
        at ...
        at ...

Etienne