I have run into an interesting issue with a direct call to Java from an RPG
program.  After doing multiple calls within the same job, I ran into a
StringIndexOutOfBoundsException during one of the calls.  The java exception
was displayed on the screen.  I cancelled the message several times until I
want back the call stack a bit.  I then answered with a "getin" as the
message response, so I could continue with processing.  This occurred
several times between clean runs of the program.  All of these occurred
within the same job (actually it was a subfile and I was processing a bunch
of the entries).  After 4 or 5 of the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException, I
started to get a NoClassDefFoundError for the java/security/AccessController
class.  Now, this class is part of the java core package.  I looked in the
job log and found some interesting things.  Take a look at the abbreviated
job log:

Current directory changed.
Environment variable added.
Environment variable added.
Parameter received by JNI_CreateJavaVM not valid.
Product 5722JV1 Option 0005 not installed.
Public write authority on "/.".
Public write authority on "< tssl/CreditSsl.jar".
Java exception received when calling Java method.

When I expanded the parameter error, it read as follows:

Message . . . . :   Parameter received by JNI_CreateJavaVM not valid.
Cause . . . . . :   JNI_CreateJavaVM received a parameter that is not valid:
  java.version=.
Recovery  . . . :   Correct the parameter and submit the request again.

It seems that the java.version parameter was "lost"!!

Did anyone else run into this situation?

I believe that this is definitely a bug.....

Any other ideas/comments?

Mike