Marc,

You need to look at the JVM.  It has limits on maximum size as well that
could very well be smaller than the underlying OS/400 limits.  I thought
that V5R1 upped them to a fairly high number, but you may need to pass a
JVM option to control it.  I would recommend researching the problem from
that angle.

I think on V4R5, the limit is fairly low, like 16 MB, so it is possible
that V5R1 only upped it to 2GB.

It is also possible, perhaps even likely, that there are ways to program
around the limitation.

Hopefully, one of the IBM'ers can chime in now.

Mark

"Marc Nothum" <Marc_Nothum@ept.lu>
Sent by: java400-l-admin@midrange.com
08/28/2002 10:40 AM