What is your configuration?  Tomcat or WebSphere; version; IHS (original)
or apache; remote HTTP server using the internal HTTP server port?

|         |           "Mike Silvers"   |
|         |           <msilvers@HBS-   |
|         |           INC.COM>         |
|         |           Sent by: java400-|
|         |           l-admin@midrange.|
|         |           com              |
|         |           08/05/02 09:27 AM|
|         |           java400-l        |

  |       cc:       <java400-l@midrange.com>
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Submit a form (error)
                                          |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I am trying to show a "processing the page, please wait" page after a
search
is initiated.  I have a form on the main page that has search criteria.
When this form is submitted, the action is to  a servlet.  The servlet adds
a flag to the sessions object and displays the page again with a message
"Processing the search" in the body of the page.  The "Processing" words
are
enclosed in another form.  This form is submitted automatically by using
onLoad= in the BODY tag.

When I run this on a windows machine, all works well.  When I move it to
the
400 and run it, the initial page is displayed.  When I submit the search
form, the "Processing" is shown for a second, then a blank page is
displayed.  Nothing occurs after that.  Apparently, there is a problem with
the 400 processing the onLoad= in the BODY tag.

Dows anyone have any other suggestions and/or comments?

Thanks...

Mike
================================
Mike Silvers