Mike Silvers wrote:

> AS400 connection uses the defaults (localhost, job user, job
> password) for
> the connection.  There are getter/setter methods to set the
> password, user
> name, and host name in the class with the connection to the
> AS400.  The
> as400 object is defined as AS400 as400 = new AS400();  Anyone
> have any ideas
> why it does not work on the AS/400 itself, but it will work
> on a remote
> machine?

I think you probably need to have the "native optimisations" to the
toolbox classes to get the Connection to not require logon (ie run as
the current user.  On our machines we have this entry in our classpath:

        /QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar

I'm not 100% clear about whether the toolbox is needed as well, as we
also have:

        /QIBM/Prodata/AS400Toolbox/jt400.jar

Maybe one of the IBMers on the list can clarify this.

Cheers,

Martin.

--
Martin McCallion
Senior Technical Consultant
Work:  martin.mccallion@misys.com
Home: martin.mccallion@ukonline.co.uk
Misys International Banking Systems
1 St George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK
T +44 (0)20 8486 1951
F +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
www.misys.com
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the  intended named
recipient of this email then you should not  copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. You should
contact Misys International Banking Systems as shown below so that we
can take appropriate action at no cost to yourself.
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd,1 St
George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK. Email: ibs.postmaster@misys.com.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8879 1188 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd is
registered in England and Wales under company no. 971479