I'm jumping into this late and haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me
if this doesn't have anything to do with your post.  But it looks like you
need to check the Relational Database Directory entries.

Enter WRKRDBDIRE from the command line.  You should at least see this:

               Work with Relational Database Directory Entries

Position to  . . . . . .

Type options, press Enter.
  1=Add   2=Change   4=Remove   5=Display details   6=Print details

        Relational          Remote
Option  Database            Location                  Text

        YOURMACHINENAME     *LOCAL                    Entry added by system

If you don't see that, add your local machine.  If you are trying to
contact another 400, add an entry for that machine as well.

Hope that helps.

Mike E.

                    "Joel R. Cochran"
                    <jrc@masi-brac.com       To:     "'java400-l@midrange.com'"
<java400-l@midrange.com>
                    >                        cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: AW: OF: what is
websphere (locate Tomcat)
                    java400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    06/11/2002 02:39
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

Thanks Dieter, I got that one fixed.  But now when I try to connect I get
the message "Relational database xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not in relational database
directory."

What the heck is the "relational database directory"?

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services
VamaNet.com
(800)480-8810