Sorry, that won't work either.  The correct invocation should be
      QSYSObjectPathName path = new QSYSObjectPathName("BRUCELIB",
"TESTARA", "DTAARA");

When using this c'tor, the QSYSObjectPathName object knows it is building
the IFS form of the name so it automatically adds the "QSYS".  You need to
give it the library name, object name, and type of object.  path.getPath()
will return a properly formatted IFS name.  In this case
      /QSYS.LIB/BRUCELIB.LIB/TESTARA.DTAARA".

Note the object and library name do not include the type extension.
QSYSObjectPathName automatically adds them.  In the original case
QSYSObjectPathName would try to create an object called BRUCELIB.LIB.LIB.

There is no magic to this object.  In fact, once you get used to the
qsys-ifs format  you may choose to skip the QSYSObjectPathName altogether
and simply make your own string.

David Wall
Toolbox for Java
iSeries ODBC Driver for Linux

                      "Kendall
                      Coolidge"                To:
<java400-l@midrange.com>
                      <Kendall.Coolidge        cc:
                      @ccbai.com>              Subject:  RE: How to access
dtaara using toolbox?
                      Sent by:
                      java400-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      05/09/2002 10:08
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      java400-l

Bruce,

Try this:

QSYSObjectPathName path = new QSYSObjectPathName("QSYS", "BRUCELIB",
"DTAARA");