Patrick, I haven't answered your questions because I'm very biased, but I
had to respond to your post, especially on performance.

PSC400 takes about half an hour to install.  Once you've done that,
converting a program takes just a few seconds.  The first time you execute
that program, it may take as long as a minute to compile the JSP (this was
for a huge screen: 37 record formats, 3000 lines of DDS).  After that,
however, screens execute with sub-second response time.  So, for you
example, it would be like this:

FIRST TIME:

1. Convert the application (10-15 seconds)
2. Compile the definitions (30 seconds)
3. Start the application first time (20-30 seconds)
4. Logon, type an option, select a record, press exit, exit, exit (5-10
seconds)

SECOND TIME:

1. Logon, type an option, select a record, press exit, exit, exit (5-10
seconds)

Where PSC400 really beats WebFacing:

1. The programs run in batch (no interactive tax)
2. The JSPs are fully customizable, to allow various look and feels
3. There is a default 5250 emulation that looks just like old green screen
(no retraining)

The only disadvantage is that PSC400 is not free.

Joe