Andy,
First  - You'll need the WebSphere 3.5 CD set and PTF group SF99142
(standard edition), this will take you to WAS 3.5.4
Second - Use this site for detailed steps -
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/websphere/wsappserver/docs/as400v35std/docs/

Royce Stearns
rstearns@manageinc.com
www.manageinc.com

                    "Andy Leisk"
                    <ALeisk@Banta.com>        To:
"'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'" <JAVA400-L@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    java400-l-admin@mi        Subject:     Websphere version &
QEJB library not present
                    drange.com

                    12/05/01 11:06 AM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

I'm trying to get webshpere application server installed on both my PC and
AS/400 (I mean iSeries - I am just more comfortable with the old name).
Anyway I don't seem to have everything at the same level so things aren't
working.

The websphere studio help screen indicates that I am at: "Websphere Studio
Professional V3.5 Build 20000810-04005" on my PC.
On the AS/400 I find that we have "5769AS1   *COMPATIBLE  WebSphere
Application Server for AS/400" .

When I installed Websphere on my PC (Windows 2000 - Version 5.0 Build 2195:
Service Pack 1) there was a read-me message saying that I needed the
QEJBSBS
running on the AS/400 for the websphere product to work.  I can not find
this subsystem, nor the QEJB library anywhere on the system.  I'm obviously
missing something but am not sure what it is.

What I am hoping to do is learn how to "webface" a program that was written
to use a DDS based Display file.  I've read that this can be done with
websphere.  But it seems that the more I read, the more confused I get
about
what products and versions of products I have and need to do this.  Would
some kind soul please provide me some simple guidance as to what I have
done
wrong.

Andy Leisk
Senior Programmer Analyst