visit: http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/java400-l

-----Original Message-----
From: Reeb, Roland H - MLG [mailto:Reeb.Roland@menlolog.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 7:56 AM
To: 'java400-l@midrange.com'

Unsubscribe please

-----Original Message-----
From: KJ P [mailto:kjpou@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 6:45 AM
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: New GUI for green on black...

Hello Chris

>information - theres no homepage. Incidentaly, where does the info on OHIO
I found the documentation here
http://www.statistik.at/HOD/de/doc/ohio/OHIOL0M03.HTML#HDRTLIST_START

The document is a reference implementation document and has not been
completed from what I understand.

>os-ohio is of more interest, but the sourceforge site doesn't give any more
>information - theres no homepage.
That is because the author is a lazy sod when it comes to setting up
websites.  He should take the time to do it but the project was not
receiving a lot of attention so has not really updated it recently.

>itself come from, I can't find any on the IBM website. What's the
>difference
>(if any) between OHIO & HACL?
The document explains the difference more or less.  I am not familiar with
HACL because I do not have access to the IBM Host on Demand packages from
IBM.  I do not even know if the Host on demand is free or not.  From what I
just read it is available in the Host on demand and IBM personal
communcations.

The author thought it would be fun and informative for others to do an open
source version of the API.

If you have access to the HACL you will probably be better off using it than
the os-ohio as it is not complete as of yet (looking for more interested
parties to participate).

So that we do not keep filling up the list you can contact me directly if
you are interested or have any further questions.

Regards

Kenneth