From: Dave Wall [mailto:dawall@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 9:12 AM
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Data access across libraries

Is there any connection creation or connection pooling going on?

   Connection creation -- each new connection results in a new server
job
   on the AS/400, so you need to re-run your CL program every time you
   create  new connection.

   Connection pool -- re-run you CL program each time you grab a
connection
   out of a pool so the library is correct.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                    "Bharath V.S.
                    Dhurjati"                To:
<java400-l@midrange.com>
                    <bharath@pswebwork       cc:
                    s.com>                   Subject:     Data access
across libraries
                    Sent by:
                    java400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    10/16/2001 12:39
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

Hi folks,

Background:
We are using DB2 on an AS/400 V4R4 from a WebLogic server housed on a
Win2K
m/c.
DB2 access is via JDBC using the ToolBox driver.

We use stored procedures for most of the data access.
We have the same set of tables in various libraries but the data in them
is
different.
Before calling any  stored procedure, we call a special "library switch"
stored proc ( a CL program to switch current library).

Problem:
We are facing a problem: Sometimes, the stored procedures fetch data
from a
library other than the intended 'current' library?
This occurs randomly.

Why is this happening? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Regards,