  • Subject: Re: JOB Class in AS/400 Toobox for java with VAJ 3.5 ENT
  • From: "Dave Wall" <dawall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:01:09 -0500

Name, user and number are "bean properties" of the Job class, so the get
methods just echo back what you provide via the c'tor or the set methods.
Where is you application running?  If on a client then check out the getJob
() method in command call or program call in the v5r1 or JTOpen 2.02
version of the Toolbox.  Internally Job uses program call to carry out its
tasks so the 'current job' is the program call server job.  To get info on
that job do:
         AS400 as400 = new AS400();
         CommandCall cc = new CommandCall(as400);
         RJob rj = cc.getJob();
         System.out.println("name:   " + rj.getName());
         System.out.println("user:   " + rj.getUser());
         System.out.println("number: " + rj.getNumber());

Note getJob() actually returns an RJob object, which is part of the
resource package that is new to the Toolbox in v5r1.

If on the AS/400 and the AS/400 is v4r5 or earlier, then getJob() returns
data on the program call server job.  If the AS/400 is v5r1 the getJob()
returns data on the job running the java program.  This works because in
v5r1 program call has an option to run programs in the Java job via a JNI
call instead of going through the program call server.

(You probably noticed the hole -- you are running on the AS/400 which is
v4r5 or earlier and you want data on the job running the java program, not
the program call server job.  I don't know how to get this data via the Job
object.  Respond if this is your case.  The expert on the Job object is out
until Monday but I will ask him when he gets back).

Hope this helps,

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                    "Annalur, Pavan"

                    <Pavan.Annalur@aig       To:     "'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'"
<JAVA400-L@midrange.com>
                    .com>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     JOB Class in AS/400
Toobox for java with VAJ 3.5 ENT
                    owner-java400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/10/2001 11:36

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    JAVA400-L

Is there any problem with the methods getUser(), getNumber()   for the Job
class in AS/400 toolbox version with VAJ 3.5, I am not able to get any
value
returned from these methods where as I am able to obtain values from other
methods like getJobDescription() etc...

OS Version = 4.4

Program code :

as400 = new AS400("ourhost", userid, password);
           as400.connectService(AS400.RECORDACCESS);

           Job job = new Job(as400,"*","","");
           System.out.println(" No fo librarries in Sys Lib>> " +
job.getNumberOfLibrariesInSYSLIBL());
           System.out.println(" Job Description >> " +
job.getJobDescription());

           System.out.println(" Job Name             >> " + job.getName()
);
           System.out.println(" Job Number  >> " + job.getNumber() );

           System.out.println(" Job User             >> " + job.getUser());

Output message>> as below:

No fo librarries in Sys Lib>> 4
 Job Description >> QSYS/QZBSJOBD
 Job Name             >> *
 Job Number  >>
 Job User             >>

However I knew that, this Connection service uses the job QZRCSRVS. In VAJ
debug mode, I could see the attributes the job number etc, however when
printed them , I am not able to get the values.

Is there any problem ?

Thanks in advance for help
Regards

Pavan