From: Stone, Brad V (TC) [mailto:bvstone@taylorcorp.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 10:07 AM
To: 'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: On the right foot. . .

Servlets IS java.  Just a fancy shmancy "engine" required to runem.  (ie,
not as portable as applications).

I have found performace is pretty good with them, after the first call
(which can range from 5 seconds to 2 minutes I've found).  Still, nothing
seems to beat the consitancy of RPG or COBOL CGI.

Brad