  • Subject: RE: Having trouble with a JSP compile
  • From: "Frances Stewart" <francess@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:46:17 -0600

With WebSphere Application Sever, you do not need to define the Java
compile command.  My first guess would be that your class for the JDBC
driver is incorrect.
>            Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");
should be
>            Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");
the lowercase com being key.

Also make sure the value specified for system is a valid entry in the
relational database directory (WRKRDBDIRE).

Also, be sure to check the standard output/error log files for the
application server under which your web application is defined for errors
whenever you get a Compilation failed message.  For the Default Server
application server these files are
/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv/default/logs/default_server_stdout.log and
/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv/default/logs/default_server_stderr.log
respectively.

Frances Stewart
WebSphere Application Server for iSeries 400
External: (507) 253-2795
Tie-line: 8-553-2795
IBM Rochester

David Gibbs <dgibbs@verticalsky.com>@midrange.com on 11/27/2000 04:06:36 PM