  • Subject: Re: FW: FW: AS400 Question.
  • From: kulack@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:53:24 -0600

Ok, just a terminology thing here. Those APIs are NOT using the DDM server.
The DDM server is used when the record level I/O apis are used.
When using the JDBC apis, the database server is used.
End of terminology...

I presume that the actual code is complete, and actually does set all of
the
input/output parameters and performs an execute of the callable statement.

Can I ask what happens to the code that runs? I.e. a java call stack from
the exception
that occurs, a joblog message on the backend server... Anything?

It looks to me like you might be trying to call a generic program instead
of
a stored procedure. DB2/400 lets you do this to some extent, but in some
cases, there is critical information about parameter types, return types,
language, etc. that can only be accessed by the JDBC driver if
the program is an actual stored procedure.
This information could be incorrect if you've never done actually
created a stored procedure for the program.

In this case, as part of your installation/setup, you should use the SQL
statement "CREATE PROCEDURE" to create a stored procedure in the
SYSPROCs catalog that refers to this program so JDBC and the
database can know about its properties.

"Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything
 to do with my muscles in this place?" ... "Free your mind."
Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus in 'The Matrix'.

Fred A. Kulack  -  AS/400e  Java and Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack@us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack@bresnanlink.net
AOL Instant Messenger: Home:FKulack  Work:FKulackWrk

David Glick <DGlick@dataskill.com>@midrange.com on 11/15/2000 03:38:56 PM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-java400-l@midrange.com