  • Subject: RE: Servlet Session Information
  • From: "Mike Seiler" <mseiler@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:11:08 -0500

Yes, the HttpSession information is stored on the server side and mapped to
with the session id of the client (either via cookies or URL rewriting).
WebSphere v3+ can be configured with in-memory sessions (default) or with
persistent sessions.  When in-memory is used, the application server
manages the pool of sessions within its JVM.  With persistent sessions, the
session info is stored to a collection as specified on the datasource.

"Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@core-mark.com> on 10/16/2000 10:18:27 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com