  • Subject: Re: DB2SQLException
  • From: cujo@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:16:56 -0500

You are exactly right about the error.  Probably either the
statement.close() method was called or the connection.close() method was
called.

Can you send me (probably directly instead of to the group) some
information on the error handler framework you are building?  In
particular, I am interested in an assumptions you might be making about
specific error messages/SQL codes/vendor codes happening at specific times.
I am curious mostly because I have often wondered what potential effect I
can have on users when I modify what specific error messages say or when
they get returned.

Anyone else out there that has thoughts on this subject should feel free to
send them to me as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Richard D. Dettinger
AS/400 Java Data Access Team

"TRUE! nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why
WILL you say that I am mad?
The disease had sharpened my senses, not destroyed, not dulled them. "

- Edgar Allan Poe
"The Tell-Tale Heart"

"David Duerr" <dduerr@DUERRBUSINESS.COM> on 08/02/2000 04:43:04 PM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com