  • Subject: RE: Websphere samples configuration
  • From: "Nielsen, Ravi" <Ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:25:45 -0400

Hi Frances,

Well, now I'm excited as a puppy with a new toy!

Thanks for pointing out the ordering information on V3 and the confirmation
that it makes sense to start with V3 if possible.  My thinking exactly.  IBM
Direct told me to contact our Business Partner to order the product, and
I've emailed him.  Progress....  In the mean time, since I did manage to get
V2 installed, I'm pressing on

RE the original question, SUCCESS!

This failed:

 ===> runjva CLASS(ConfigWAS202) PARM(all qtmhhttp)
CLASSPATH('qibm/proddata/ibmwebas/samples:/qibm/proddata/HTTP/Public/jt400/l
ib/jt400.jar')

I got:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ConfigWAS202
Java program completed with exit code 1

THIS WORKS:

 ===> runjva CLASS(ConfigWAS202) PARM(all)
CLASSPATH('qibm/proddata/ibmwebas/samples:/qibm/proddata/HTTP/Public/jt400/l
ib/jt400.jar')

I get:

Populating CORPDATA Collection:
Creating collection: CORPDATA
Deleting journal QSQJRN and receiver QSQJRN0001 for CORPDATA
CL: ENDJRNPF FILE(*ALL) JRN(CORPDATA/QSQJRN)
CPF9810:Library CORPDATA not found.
CL: DLTJRNRCV JRNRCV(CORPDATA/QSQJRN0001) DLTOPT(*IGNINQMSG)
CPF2110:Library CORPDATA not found.
Dropping collection CORPDATA
Creating collection CORPDATA
Collection created

etc etc more good stuff
Table created
Starting insertion of records.
Ending insertion of records at 0.0080 seconds.

Yeah!

My mistake was typing the default userid qtmhhttp instead of leaving the
second parameter blank.  Gee, sorry. :(

NOW, on to Step 3.  Fixing the servlet files for "site-specific"
information.

Uh, how?  I can drag them to my desktop using ops navigator, edit them with
notepad, and drag them back. (I did and this worked.) Surely I must be able
to use my expensive VAJAVA Enterprise tool to edit them directly?  What is
the best way?

Having edited the files and realizing the only thing I needed to change was
the server name prefaced by // and that "DB2Driver" IS the name of the
driver, I had the ExtremeTravel and WebBank samples running!  I had trouble
with the ExtremeXML but around then decided to "make my programs run much
faster" with

crtjvapgm clsf('QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib/jt400.jar') optimize(30)
as recommended by David Wall.

Several hours later...the program is STILL compiling, now using 80% of
resources as nearly everyone is now off the system--which is maxed out at
99.9 cpu usage.  I apparently had no idea what I was asking for. I don't
fully understand what is being done.  I figured it was magically turning the
text java in the jar into lower level code?  Then somehow by still
referencing the jt400.jar file the system would find the compiled version
instead?

One day soon I'm sure it will be clear to me.  I hope it speeds up the
samples.  They seemed exceedingly slow to load the first time but then
appeared to be more sprightly. :)

Anyway, I'll see if I have luck with ExtremeXML when its jt400.jar is done
compiling.  I may be asking more questions about those servlets.

All in all I was very happy to see real data changing in real libraries on
our AS/400 as the result of Websphere.  And changing stuff with DFU and
seeing it reflected on the travel schedule on the web page convinced me.  I
feel there may be hope...

Thanks much.

Regards,

Ravi