  • Subject: Re: rec level i/o to QTEMP
  • From: dawall@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:46:25 -0500

The short answer (the one you won't like) is that CommandCall and RLA do
not use the same AS/400 server (job).  CommandCall uses the DPC server
while RLA uses the DRDA/DDM server.  These different servers run in
separate jobs so they have separate QTEMPs.  To create the file using
CommandCall then use it using RLA, you will have to store it in a library
other than QTEMP.  I realize this eliminates the 'garbage collection' of
QTEMP the AS/400 does for you, but since the servers are running in
separate jobs you don't get to use QTEMP.

I will ask around to see if anyone else has good ideas to solve the
problem.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

"Alex Garrison" <agarrison@logtech.com> on 04/12/2000 09:38:46 PM