  • Subject: Re: JDBC vs ODBC Performance
  • From: Graeme English <graeme.english@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:28:32 -0500

Richard,

It is possible that the battle between Native and Toolbox JDBC drivers has
changed since Alex's note.  But as I understand it, the Native JDBC driver
has faster performance and also is the one that is being further improved in
the newer releases.  The format is just a swap with as400 and db2 eg. in
your case use:
>connection = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:db2://my400",
the DDM and Toolbox both use TCP/IP sockets so if you use Alex's QTMHHTTP
trick it should work (although I don't know this one).  However if you start
using the native driver the trick should be irrelevant.  I'm not sure of
this so hopefully someone can add to this.

Good luck,
Graeme.