  • Subject: RE: Servlets / Classpath
  • From: "Richard Dean" <rddean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:31:21 -0500

In theory it is easy to do.  You create your java program, move the .class
over to the AS/400 and then run it.  But you left out a lot of information.
Assuming that you have Java on your AS/400, and you realize that none of the
GUI classes will work, then it is not to difficult.  With out knowing what
you are wanting to do, I can tell you this you can write a "HelloWorld"
program using "System.out.println" in VAJ.  Then copy the generated .class
file to the AS/400.  Sign on to the AS/400 type STRQSH.  Then type "cd
<folder>", replacing <folder> with the name of the folder you put your
HelloWorld pgm in and then execute like you would on your PC in dos.  Type
"Java HelloWorld" and you should have the first step accomplished.  The next
step is what killed me, and that is setting up the classpaths correctly, but
worry about that later.

Let us know if you get stuck.