  • Subject: RE: Calling PC's from the AS/400
  • From: "Marshall Dunbar" <marshall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:57:22 -0500

This doesn't really seem to be a Java related question, but I'll answer
anyway since Java seems to be a dead subject at the moment, I guess
everybody is waiting on V4R2.

If you have Client Access, you can allow each PC to start a daemon to
wait for incoming commands.  Goto control panel, client access, remote
command tab.  On the 400 you'll need to use a runrmtcmd to submit the
command to the PC.  It takes a little playing around to get everything
set up correctly, but it does work.  I don't really like this solution
since it requires extra setup on the PC side and starts a job that shows
in the taskbar for the remote command daemon, but I haven't come up with
a better solution, yet.
Marshall Dunbar
marshall@dpslink.com
DPS, Inc.