I think you might have been caught in a change in the tool. They have greatly simplified how to call services in the latest milestone (0.8.0M3, which is what became the 0.8.0 release on April 13th). What version are you at? Go to Help / About and then click on the EGL feature (the little green leaf-like icon fourth from the left) and you should get a grid that looks like this:

EDT Web Package 0.8.0.v201204061050
EGL Development Tools (EDT) 0.8.0.v20120404041632-1DV-Fju(...)

What are the versions on your installation?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I took up where I left off on your 'EDT Breaks Down Obstacles' tutorial after leaving it for a while. I now have all the pieces in place, but have been going around in circles on one error that I can't figure out. My database name and file name are different from your example, but otherwise it's almost verbatim.

When I define the RUI Handler, and add in the code to call the REST-RPC service, it differs from your example in that I can only get it to accept the call to the service if I precede the service name with 'server.' If I do this, I get a clean compile, but it errors out in the preview. Can you help me out of the deadlock please?

function myJockey_ahagcd_field_onChange(event Event in)
jockeyid string = myJockey_ahagcd_field.text;
call server.JockeyService.getJockey(jockeyid) returning to CB_getJockey
end

Here's the error
Uncaught exception occurred during handling of undefined.onChange event
[CRRUI2002E] myJockey_ahagcd_field_onChange
An error occurred inside JockeyInquiry: JockeyService is not defined
[CRRUI2094E] Here are the EGL function calls leading to this error:

DojoTextField.DojoTextBase.handleEvent() [native JavaScript]
DojoTextField.DojoValidationBase.handleEvent() [native JavaScript]
client/JockeyInquiry.egl() [native JavaScript]

Thanks in advance for any advice,

David.