Joe Pluta wrote:
Oops, power failure, lost it all.
Record CommandRec
10 Command char(64);
end

Anyway, marching right along, you can declare a fixed length string
outside a record. Doesn't seem to make a difference though. I tried
that, and it worked the same as the variable length string definition.
Apparently the storage format is unchanged. I guess that makes sense,
since the declared length for a string is really the maximum, and not
the current length. That record business is a good tip though.

Maybe there's some documentation of the internal storage formats? I
looked, but didn't find much. It would be really helpful when trying to
figure out how to harness this beast.

I've gotta admit; once you figure out how to do it, it's really easy.
It's that figuring out part that's a, uh, bit of a stone.

I got the Windows xmlHTTP SOAP request script worked out today, so life
is good. I'm just waiting for the java6 CD to arrive so I can move the
whole shebang to the i where it belongs. Next project is how to return
an xml document to an asp script in order to preserve the existing web
site functionality. That's built around AVR middleware and I'd like to
use EGL going forward. Hopefully that will go a little easier. I only
have 29 days left to prove it to management before my trial license expires.