From: egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egl-i-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Pete Hall
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:35 PM
To: egl-i@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EGL-i] Trying to execute a command on the i

It should be sooooo simple. This is from a web service named
Submit835Batch, running on tomcat 6.0.20, with jdk 1.6.0_11, JTOpen
6.5.1. Tomcat is hosted on localhost (windoz). RDB version is 7.5.1.2
(trial).

EGL generation results are all green.

Problems shows 4 issues. Suspect 1 and 4 can be ignored, no idea about
the other one (2 and 3):
1. Class is a raw type, Reference to generic type Class<T> should be
parameterized for EGLLIB_Lib.java.
2. No grammar constraints (DTD or XML schema) detected for the document
submit835batch-bnd.xml in Submit835Batch/Webcontent/WEB-INF/classes
3. Same as 2, but in Submit835Batch/src.
4. The method getConnection(String, String) from the type
AS400ConnectionPool is deprecated for EGLLIB_lib.java.

There is a warning when tomcat is started within RBD:
[SetPropertiesRule] {Server/Services/Engine/Host/Context} Setting
property 'source' to 'org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:Submit835Batch' did not
find a matching property.

There are deploy warnings from tomcat about JSF config rules (JSF is not
used in this project. Can't see that has anything to do with it.)

I always get message EGL0150E: An error occurred calling the QCMDEXC
program Error:EGL0006E an error occured while creating an object of the
com.vcpi.services.QCMDEXC type. The following error occurred:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vcpi.services.QCMDEXC. EGL0001I
the error occurred in submit_Impl. EGL0002I the error occurred in submit
processing the submit function.

package com.vcpi.services
service submit
cmdString string;
cmdLength decimal(15,5);
returnVal string;

function submit(payor string in) returns(string)
syslib.setRemoteUser("<snip>", "<snip>");
cmdString = "ADDLIBLE LIB(FOO)";
cmdLength = strLib.byteLen(cmdString);
try
call "QCMDEXC" (cmdString, cmdLength);
onExection (ex AnyException)
returnVal = ex.messageID + " " + ex.message;
end
return(returnVal);
end
end

eglbld has the following linkage section:
pgmName = QCMDEXC
type = reomteCall
alias = QCMDEXC
conversionTable = CSOE037
library = QSYS (tried empty, %LIBL%)
location = <the actual host name> (tried IP address and
PROGRAMCONTROLLED in conjunction with the serverID value)
luwControl = SERVER
package = (tried com.vcpi.services - thats the package name for the
service, as well as empty)
remoteBind = tried both GENERATION and RUNTIME
remoteComType = JAVA400
remotePgmType = STATELESS (tried STATEFUL too, but it's not)
serverID = (tried the actual host name in conjunction with
PROGRAMCONTROLLED for the location.)

I have copyied EGLsysLibJni7.dll into c:\Windows, and it doesn't matter
if I run tomcat through RBD, or by executing startup.bat and installing
the application with the application manager.

I must be doing something really stupid here, but what? My trial will
expire soon, and so far, nada. Getting a little frustrated.