Hi Daron Whitehouse, actually I try with the Birt Engine 2.3.0 but my
application has the same error.
Thanks for you help.

2009/2/4 Daron Whitehouse <dwhitehouse@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Juan,

With RBD v7.5.1 use BIRT v2.3.0

This should help to start.

Daron

message: 1
date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:51:14 -0600
from: Juan Carlos Juarez Lerma <isc.jcjl@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [EGL-i] BIRT Exception in EGL and WebSphere

Hi All, I wrote my web application to generate a report , I was using
BIRT Engenie, but when I run the program into WebSphere for create a
pdf file the application show me this:

Error 500: #{VendorsList.printList}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException:
java.lang.LinkageError: LinkageError while defining class:
org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.activity.SemanticException Could not
be
defined due to:
org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/activity/SemanticException
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) This is often caused by having a
class
defined at multiple locations within the classloader hierarchy. Other
potential
causes include compiling against an older or newer version of the class
that has
an incompatible method signature. Dumping the current context
classloader
hierarchy: ==> indicates defining classloader ==>[0]
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader@7d9c12f8 Local ClassPath:
C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\c
lasses;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WE
B-INF\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace
\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\coreapi.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\ration
alsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\engineapi.jar;C:\Users
\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\fda7.
jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-I
NF\lib\js.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebCon
tent\WEB-INF\lib\jsf-ibm.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\Ve
ndorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\modelapi.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rational
sdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\odc-jsf.jar;C:\Users\nuv
ek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\rte.jar;C
:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\li
b\scriptapi.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rationalsdp\worksp!

ace\VendorsWeb\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\sitelib.jar;C:\Users\nuvek\IBM\rat
ionalsdp\workspace\VendorsWeb\WebContent;
Delegation Mode: PARENT_FIRST [1]
com.ibm.ws.classloader.JarClassLoader@2105856760 Local Classpath:
Delegation
mode: PARENT_LAST [2]
com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader@2d912f8 [3]
com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader@39d212fa [4]
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@39c512fa [5]
sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@39c112fa ---Original exception---
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/activity/SemanticException
(Unsupported
major.minor version 49.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native
Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code)) at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java(Compi
led
Code)) at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._defineClass(CompoundClassLoa
der.java:576)
at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader
.java(Compiled
Code)) at
com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader
.java(Compiled
Code)) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code)) at
egl.report.birt.EventHandlerList.add(EventHandlerList.java:36) at
programs.reportHandler.$initreportHandler(reportHandler.java:140) at
programs.reportHandler.<init>(reportHandler.java:34) at
jsfhandlers.VendorsList.$func_printList(VendorsList.java(Compiled Code))
at
jsfhandlers.VendorsList.dispatchToAction(VendorsList.java:11577) at
jsfhandlers.VendorsList.printList(VendorsList.java:11550) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
a:85) at
a:58) at
Impl.java(Compiled
Code)) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code)) at
com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:127) at
com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListene
rImpl.java:73)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312) at
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:302) at
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:416)
at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplication
Phase.java:77)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:201)
at
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:91) at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:197) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.ja
va:1212)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrap
per.java:629)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheS
ervletWrapper.java:80)
at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:165
7) at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:7
7) at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscriminatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:421)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:367)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLi
nk.java:276)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscr
iminaters(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:201)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(Ne
wConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:103)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.requestComplete(WorkQueueMa
nager.java:548)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attemptIO(WorkQueueManager.
java:601)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.workerRun(WorkQueueManager.
java:934)
at
com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worker.run(WorkQueueManager
.java:1021)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1332) --- end
Original
exception----

I used the version 2.1.3 of birt runtime and Rational Business
Developer 7.5.1, somebody help me please??

End of EGL-i Digest, Vol 2, Issue 10

Notice of Confidentiality
This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may be proprietary and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachements thereto, without the prior written permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately telephone or email the sender and permanently delete the orignal copy and any copy of this mail, and any printout thereof.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. While Madico has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.