Nick,

I'm doing something similar in my application, and am not sure if this is
addressing your question exactly. Hope this helps.

I have an array of record part type defined as:

PendingMachineLoanerOrders MachineLoanerOrders[0];

record MachineLoanerOrders type SQLRecord
{tableNames = [["THOR.EMPL"], ["THOR.NEWORDERS"], ["THOR.SYSPACKAGE"
]],
keyItems=[EMPLID, TORDID, SYSPKGID]}

ApproveReject ApproveReject; // Radio buttons
EMPLID EMPLID;
EMPLLFNAM EMPLLFNAM;
EMPLMGRID EMPLMGRID;
TORDID TORDID;
NORDTBLID NORDTBLID;
NORDREQ NORDREQ;
NORDMFGTOP NORDMFGTOP;
NORDFTRCST NORDFTRCST;
MTOWID MTOWID;
SYSPKGID SYSPKGID;
SYSPKGNAME SYSPKGNAME;
NEWORDLASTDATE NEWORDLASTDATE;

end

I have PendingMachineLoanerOrders bound to the dataTableEx tag (in the .jsp
file) for the entire table, and have individual record elements bound to
each column.
For instance, PendingMachineLoanerOrders.ApproveReject to the 1st column (I
have that variable rendered as radio buttons).

You can also see the bindings via the Properties view when in the Design
tab on the .jsp for the elements like hx:dataTableEx and tags underneath
hx:columnEx.

date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:15:39 -0500
from: "Nick Arndt" <nick.arndt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [EGL-i] Record list question

Hi All.

I have a basic record defined as an array and am displaying it as such on
the .JSP page. Some of the fields I would like to display as a drop down
boxes. One thing I have run into is I can not bind my record var to the
component because it is an array and I get this error message:

The "." operator was supplied with an index value of type
"java.lang.String" to be applied to a List or array, but that value cannot
be converted to an integer.

So to get around this I bound just a stand alone var to the component. But
this gives the issue that what ever the last value that is in the component
with it is loaded is what is there for all records displayed on the page.
It also wont allow me to change that stand alone var into an array itself
and bind it to the drop down box.

Any one have any ideas that I could try to get drop down boxes to work
properly with a record list?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Mervosh
THOR (Total Hardware and Order Repository)
Software Development
IBM Rochester Minnesota
spm@xxxxxxxxxx