Most of this here was set up by our remote employee out of Iowa but I work with him on a daily basis. He did most of the setup.
Basically everyone here who gets either Outlook or Domino gets them both.

Let's say an email address in question is nunya@xxxxxxxxx
In O365 he will have a few addresses listed such as:
SIP: nunya@xxxxxxxxx
SMTP: nunya@xxxxxxxxx
smtp: nunya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
smtp: nunya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Then when I register a person in Domino there are some steps I do, including:
p. Click the Edit Person button.
q. In "Forwarding address" prompt, paste the "@Dekko.onmicrosoft.com" address from the clipboard.
r. Make note of the person's mail file name as you will delete it soon.
s. Change "Mail System" to "Other Internet Mail".
t. Remove the mail Domain setting. It probably says DEKKO.
u. On "Administration" tab, change "Assigned policy" to "/StdDekkoPolicyO365".
Note: Their "Internet address:" stays nunya@xxxxxxxxx. Only their Forwarding address changes to nunya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then for O365 on our Exchange hybrid server I have to
a. Return to ExchangeHyb remote desktop session.
b. Open "Exchange Management Shell". This is not the same as PowerShell.
c. Issue the following command for the new user. You should have the email addresses from earlier in the process. Note: the email prefixes do not always match.
enable-remoteMailbox <UserPrincipalName> -RemoteRoutingAddress <email address 2>
Where <UserPrincipalName> is the user's principal name from AD and <email address 2> is the user's @dekko.mail.onmicrosoft.com address. This should be the same as the users' @dekko.onmicrosoft.com address, except with ".mail" inserted.
d. The system should respond with the user name, RemoteUserMailbox, and ProvisionMailbox.

I also noticed that each of our Domino smtp servers have this server connection document:
Connection type: SMTP
Source server: INTERNOTES/DEKKO
Destination server: CMNOut
Source domain: DEKKO
Destination domain: CMNOut
Connect via: Direct connection
SMTP MTA relay host: 208.###.###.###
I am not sure that the above is still necessary or was only there during the migration as the address has a name of coexist(something).

I noticed the policy had a Desktop Settings document with these Custom Settings
Add these Notes.ini settings to users' desktops:
Notes.ini
ENABLE_EE=1
DisableDelKeyForNavigator=1, Enforce
MailServer=CN=Notes01/O=Dekko, Enforce
EnableImageWhiteList=1, Enforce: SetOnce
$CSCompatibilityMode=3, Enforce
Locations
MailServer=CN=Notes01/O=Dekko, Enforce
Managed Settings
suppress.failed.sip.registration=true;
com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.telephony.softphone, Enforce

I'm sure there's more to it.

If my server document has nunya@xxxxxxxxx in "Mail Fault Notification to:" then that address will receive the fault notification. Trust me on that. Got a notification today.