When I get a breather I'm supposed to start looking at Domino 11. Which will be the first version of Domino supported on IBM i 7.4. (I defy anyone to find a link from IBM or HCL which says anything earlier is supported.)
At one time there may have been a link stating that some version of Domino 10 was supported but that was scrubbed from the internet.

I am running 10.0.1FP4 on IBM i 7.4.
Domino fixpacks for IBM i at this level are completely different. More of an uninstall/reinstall.
This has been somewhat stable. "Server Restart Notification" emails are down to only 1 or 2 a month. Considering that many of our 15 lpars of IBM i are running multiple servers of Domino each and they are spread across two P9's and one P8 and all these notifications happen in the very wee hours of the morning I find it acceptable. I used to report each and everyone but it became pretty obvious to me that HCL was making data gathering more onerous to beat you into acceptance.
Honestly I've been running 7.4 so long I can't remember if there was the usual Java reason forcing the 9->10 upgrade. IBM often did this silly thing of hardcoding the Java requirements into Domino. In the past they used to look for '5761-JV1'. One OS upgrade caused issues because they still had the same java levels but simply renamed it to 5770-JV1. That change caused Domino not to be available for several months after GA (Domino changes/fixes are VERY slow). Other times it was changes due to Java levels being dropped. Again it is hardcoded. Any attempts to use Domino java environment variables are solely to change between 32 and 64 bit. I don't believe that's documented but it's a fact. I think it may be documented now after I went to battle over that.

Try this Domino server command:
Show jvm
Mine shows:
08/21/2020 07:23:11 JVM: Java Virtual Machine initialized.
08/21/2020 07:23:11 Java runtime version: 8.0.6.5 - pap3280sr6fp5-20200111_02(SR6 FP5)
08/21/2020 07:23:11 JVM version: JRE 1.8.0 OS/400 ppc-32-Bit 20200108_436782 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
OpenJ9 - 7d1059c
OMR - d059105
IBM - c8aee39

DSPSFWRSC
5770JV1 *BASE 5050 IBM Developer Kit for Java
5770JV1 *BASE 2924 IBM Developer Kit for Java
5770JV1 16 5116 Java SE 8 32 bit
5770JV1 17 5117 Java SE 8 64 bit

We are mainly using Domino for applications and are still actively developing applications for it.
We abandoned Domino for email after upgrading to Power 9's and the server restarts were several times a day and that took months to resolve. Apparently the same MF* ptf's needed were also making SAP horrifically unstable and I believe this helped motivate IBM to finally fix that Domino issue but it was too late to save email on Domino for us. First and only time I ever opened a "crit sit" with IBM.