Rob,

Domino is not running in containers. The only IBM collaboration product
that will be is version 6.0 of IBM Connections (referred to as Connections
PINK). This will not affect anything that you are doing with the Domino
applications on IBM i.

That being said, the original concern with this thread was running Verse on
Premises (VoP) on IBM i. The current plan is that IBM will only support
platforms that can run Docker Containers for VoP, so this means that IBM i
and AIX are not supported yet for VoP. At whatever point either Docker
and/or VoP become supported on IBM i, it should still not affect your
Domino applications as those external database connections are just network
connection points which would still be available in a container.

I believe that, for now, we can just consider VoP another thing that IBM
didn't initially release on IBM i (such as with Traveler and IBM
Connections). Perhaps further customer requests will help them see that it
is needed, but with VoP there are some other moving parts that are outside
of the core Domino code and would need to be ported to run on platforms
which, to be honest, are not used by the vast majority of their customers.

Hope this helps,
Chris