Also, the next version of IBM Connections (PINK) will run inside of Docker
containers instead of running in WebSphere.

Chris

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Shuang Hong Wang <wangshh@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Docker is a container technology, which is less weight than VM and very
very popular in cloud.

Docker allows you to build your own applications very fast as a docker
image and you can push and pull docker images into/from docker hub, the
docker images will be run in their own container which provide a secure
and isolated environment on the same OS for each application. Compared
with VM, container need much less resources and is faster to deploy and
run.

See here for more introduction. https://www.docker.com/what-docker

Enable docker on IBM i is NOT an easy task.

Best Regards
Shuang Hong, Wang (王双红)
Architect, Collaboration and Social Products on IBM i (
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ibmi/social)
IBM, China Systems and Technology Laboratory (CSTL) | Tel: +86 10 82452360
| E-mail: wangshh@xxxxxxxxxx
Addr: Ring Bldg, NO. 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, No.8 Dong Bei Wang
West Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing P.R.China, 100193

From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lotus Domino on the IBM i \(AS/400 and iSeries\)"
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25/05/2017 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: Will Verse on premises be available on IBM i? If so,
when?
Sent by: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

What is Docker?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Kim Greene <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lotus Domino on the IBM i \(AS/400 and iSeries\)"
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/25/2017 11:05 AM
when?
Sent by: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been in a number of discussions with Richard Jefts, Luis Guirigay,
Barry Rosen, and Ed Brill regarding this. It comes down to a decision by
the offering team, which is Ed and Barry. The decision has been made that

VOP will only be supported on platforms that support Docker. I'm working
with the IBM i team to get Docker support added.

Barry's email address is: barry_rosen@xxxxxxxxxx
Ed's email address is: ed_brill@xxxxxxxxxx

I will be submitting an RFP for Docker support on the IBM i soon and will
distribute that to this group and other social media once I have that
completed.
----------------------------------

Kim Greene
Kim Greene Consulting, Inc.
President
Domino consulting, education, and performance
Office: 507-216-5632 Mobile: 507-254-9353
Email: kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: www.kimgreene.com
Blog: DominoDiva LinkedIn: kimgreeneconsulting Twitter:
iSeriesDomino

From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lotus Domino on the IBM i \(AS/400 and iSeries\)"
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/25/2017 06:40 AM
when?
Sent by: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I want to ensure that I am talking to the right people.

scott_souder@xxxxxxxxxx Scott S (Scott) Souder

I believe there are two Barry Rosen's at IBM:

Barry (Barry) Rosen
Email: barry_rosen@xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: 1-720-395-xxxx

Barry S. (BARRY) Rosen
Email: rosenba@xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: 1-781-325-xxxx

720 is Denver, 781 is Boston
I saw his name on a presentation and it had his twitter handle, @B_Rosen,
on it.
While I could tweet him, I prefer a more in depth conversation.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Shuang Hong Wang" <wangshh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 05/24/2017 09:30 PM
when?
Sent by: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Rob,

Thanks for submitting that RFE request.
I have been pursuing this for a long time, I talked to Scott Souder on
this at Connect. They were aware that there are some customers from IBM

and AIX requesting VOP, but they were focusing on to get VOP run better

on
Linux and Windows initially, and then if there are enough business
requirements they may expand to other platforms. So if you would like
have VOP on IBM i, please speak out, talk to Barry or Scott and vote
this
RFE!

I saw positive signals from Lotus at this year's Connect that they
announced the long term support for the on-prem ND901(until 2021). For
several years they did not have a clear answer/roadmap for this.
Best Regards

SHUANG HONG WANG (****红)