From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 13/04/2016 12:40
Subject: IBM i 7.3 vs Domino
Sent by: "Domino400" <domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

IBM announces IBM i 7.3
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=%2Fcommon%2Fssi%2Frep_ca%2F2%2F872%2FENUSAP16-0132%2Findex.html&lang=en&request_locale=en

The current version of Domino (9.0.1) requires Java 6. Java 6 was not
carried over to IBM i 7.3.
I'm not seeing a target date for Domino 9.0.2.

I have 7 lpars of IBM i 7.2 itching to go to 7.3 (and I'd take them there
immediately) all running Domino 9.0.1.
I have a few more lpars not running Domino but have to wait on other
vendor blessings.

Upcoming Domino releases
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/fixlist.nsf/%28Progress%29/$First?OpenDocument

Collaboration and Social(Lotus) Software for IBM i Compatibility Guide
(Last update October 2014)
http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/software/domino/pdf/releasesupport.pdf

System Requirements for Domino 9.0.1
http://www-969.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1351622732112&osPlatform=IBM%20i#!

You have to click on View underneath Details to see the Java requirements.

The following link may work
http://www-969.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/osTabViewDetails?dsrType=tsr&deliverableId=F5D8487066EE11E5A8DABB56563AC132&osFamily=IBM
+i&osId=1276802928721&product=IBM+Domino+9.0.1+FP5+Social
+Edition&isDUOnly=undefined&osDisplay=IBM+i+7.2+POWER+System+-+Big
+Endian&compIds=S004|S001|S002|S005|S003|M006

I did submit a request for enhancement that since Domino 9.0.2 isn't
immediately on the horizon that perhaps they could issue a fixpack for
Domino 9.0.1 which would use a different Java version.

Statements on Java 6 and IBM i
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/Java%20products%20and%20options%20on%20IBM%20i

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzaha/multjdk.htm?lang=en-us

Curious. Has Microsoft ever issued a version of Windows which did not
have a compatible version of Office for it?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

--
This is the Lotus Domino on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (Domino400)