I see on my '8 server I have a file in the Domino server hosting the
community server called
UserInfoConfig.xml
There is no such file on my '9 server.

It has these contents:
<?xml version ="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!-- ***************************************************************** -->
<!-- -->
<!-- IBM Confidential -->
<!-- -->
<!-- OCO Source Materials -->
<!-- -->
<!-- (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2006 -->
<!-- -->
<!-- The source code for this program is not published or otherwise -->
<!-- divested of its trade secrets, irrespective of what has been -->
<!-- deposited with the U.S. Copyright Office. -->
<!-- -->
<!-- ***************************************************************** -->

<UserInformation>
<Resources>
<Storage type="LDAP">
<StorageDetails HostName="ldap.corp.dekko.com" Port="389"...
<!-- Add another StorageDetails tag to support another ldap server. The
listing order implies the searching order -->

<!-- Scope: 0=OBJECT_SCOPE 1=ONELEVEL_SCOPE 2=SUBTREE_SCOPE-->
<SslProperties KeyStorePath="" KeyStorePassword=""/>
<Details>
<Detail Id="MailAddress" FieldName="mail" Type="text/plain"/>
<Detail Id="Name" FieldName="cn" Type="text/plain"/>
<Detail Id="Title" FieldName="title" Type="text/plain"/>
<Detail Id="Location" FieldName="postalAddress" Type="text/plain"/>

<Detail Id="Telephone" FieldName="telephoneNumber"
Type="text/plain"/>
<Detail Id="Company" FieldName="ou" Type="text/plain" />
<Detail Id="Photo" FieldName="jpegPhoto" Type="image/jpeg" />
</Details>
</Storage>
</Resources>

<ParamsSets>
Set SetId="0"
params="MailAddress,Name,Title,Location,Telephone,Photo,Company"/>
Set SetId="1"
params="MailAddress,Name,Title,Location,Telephone,Photo,Company"/>
</ParamsSets>
<BlackBoxConfiguration>
<BlackBox type="LDAP"
name="com.ibm.sametime.userinfo.userinfobb.UserInfoLdapBB"
MaxInstances="5" />

</BlackBoxConfiguration>

</UserInformation>