Ok, my developers have no trouble reading from the local IFS. None
whatsoever. How they do it isn't really relevant. JTOpen, lotus script,
etc, makes no difference to me. What made a difference to me is that I
wanted them to be able to open IFS files on another server. Trying to use
either QFileSvr.400 or QNTC was an issue because QNOTES had to have a
password, or, use EIM.
I found an acceptable work around. I am using MOUNT. Works great. Now
the same script works great regardless if the Domino server is Linux based
or i based. No customization needed to support the different OS's.
The only remaining issue that when the server serving the IFS data goes
down (via a HA switch) I have to UNMOUNT and then MOUNT again. Trying to
keep track of all clients that may be mounted on me (hope that doesn't
sound bad) and initiate remote commands that they UNMOUNT and re MOUNT can
be a hassle but it may be something I have to do. An alternative is to
have the lotus script (or whatever) perform the UNMOUNT and re MOUNT upon
an error.