From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 05/23/2012 01:18 PM
Subject: Server accessible from other servers but not clients.
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

We have a server called TRAVELER01/DEKKO to run (guess what). It's in our

DMZ. When I initiate the domino server command
TRACE TRAVELER01/DEKKO I get
Determining path to server TRAVELER01/DEKKO
Available Ports: TCPIP
Checking normal priority connection documents
Allowing wild card connection documents...
Checking for TRAVELER01/DEKKO at last known address '208...' on TCPIP...
Connected to server TRAVELER01/DEKKO
Attempting Authenticated Connection
Compression is Disabled
Encryption is Disabled
Basically all is well and good.

But, when I try File, Preferences, Trace I get
Determining path to server TRAVELER01/DEKKO
Available Ports: TCPIP
Checking normal priority connection documents only...
Allowing wild card connection documents...
Enabling name service requests and probes...
Requesting address of TRAVELER01/DEKKO from GDISYS01/DEKKO on TCPIP
Using address '10.17.6.130' for GDISYS01/DEKKO on TCPIP
GDISYS01/DEKKO has no address for TRAVELER01/DEKKO on TCPIP
Checking for TRAVELER01/DEKKO on TCPIP using address 'TRAVELER01'
Unable to connect to TRAVELER01/DEKKO on TCPIP (The remote server is not

a known TCP/IP host.)
Checking low and normal priority connection documents...
No default passthru server defined
Unable to find any path to TRAVELER01/DEKKO because Unable to find path to

server. Check that your network connection is working. If you have a
working connection, go to Preferences - Notes Ports and click Trace to
discover where it breaks down.

Methinks the problem is that it shouldn't be
using address 'TRAVELER01'
it should be
using address 'TRAVELER01.dekko.com'
because if it uses it without the .dekko.com it's going to default to our
internal network name and it's not even in the dns for that.
Server document has
Fully qualified Internet host name: traveler01.dekko.com
and
Port Protocol Notes Network Net Address Enabled
TCPIP TCP TCPIP Network traveler01.dekko.com Enabled