Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Office: 507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539

From:
rob@xxxxxxxxx
To:
domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
02/23/2011 02:05 PM
Subject:
Setting up a default that all meetings you create are marked private
Sent by:
domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a way to set it up so that all meetings you schedule are marked
private by default?

Scenario: HR Director secures her calendar so that no one can see
anything. When you schedule a meeting with her all that you see are
free/busy times. HR Director is smug in her security. She sets up a
meeting with an associate to discuss terminating the associates underling.

Underling open's up her boss' calendar to find a good time to talk to her

about something. See's the meeting on there and totally freaks out.
True scenario.

Now, everyone in the corporation wants to secure their calendars so that
no one can see their entries. In case the HR director (or anyone else in
such a situation) ever again schedules such a meeting. Which, IMNSHO, is
short sighted because sooner or later someone won't have their calendar
secured and someone will schedule a meeting that they didn't mark private.

I'd like to change it so that the HR director's meetings she schedules are

automatically marked private.

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd85forum.nsf/DateAllThreadedWeb/099509608ec2a9808525784000698d19?OpenDocument