Assuming you have daosmgr debug enabled you could use

Tell DAOSMgr DAOSdiag -a <directory or filename> -v

Run this against the mail directory and you will have a list of every NLO
in use (referenced)...
compare to the directory listing and you have an orphan list..

Of course, you could just resync force and then prune.... which would
clear any orphaned NLOs if they existed...

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Office: 507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539